Friday, November 23, 2012

Bass Pro Shops




So, usually Cabela's is my husband's favorite place to be (he calls it a little slice of heaven); however, on a recent vacation we were close to the flagship store of Bass Pro Shops. This place was huge! I felt like we were inside a nature center on steroids. I did pretty good at ignoring the things for sale, but wish I'd checked out the selection of women's shoes better.

The shop had taxidermy animals throughout the store, including one perfect for a photo op. There were several placards and information cards throughout the store. The boys signed up for a kids adventure club that included a carrying case and animal information cards. Cool, if we keep making trips back! There is one in western Indiana near the Illinois border. I know several who make the trek on a regular basis. On the Bass Pro KIDS! website, children can explore animal facts, color pages, and play nature based games.


This was one of our favorite visits on the trip! It was set up for the holidays. The day before we visited a smaller Bass Pros Shop, had a FREE picture taken with Santa and got free coupons for kids meals. At both, we tried out the holiday toy selection with archery, the shooting range, a remote control off roader, a slide and carousel, etc. We got a lot of bang for our buck (pretty much free plus lunch). There was also a live alligator, fish, turtles, etc. There are fish feeding shows too. The lunch buffet was also good. I must say, I think my husband snuck out in the wee early hours of Black Friday and snagged a few deals!